An updated version of the Unicode Character Converter web app is now available. This app allows you to convert characters between various different formats and notations.
Significant changes include the following:
- In many cases, clicking on a checkbox option now applies the change straight away if there is content in the associated output field. (There are 4 output fields where this doesn’t happen because we aren’t dealing with escapes and there are problems with spaces and delimiters.)
- The code to transform to HTML/XML can now replace RLI, LRI, FSI and PDI if the Convert bidi controls to HTML markup option is set.
- The code to transform to HTML/XML can convert many more invisible or ambiguous characters to escapes if the Escape invisible characters option is set.
- UTF-16 code points are all at least 4 digits long.
- Fixed a bug related to U+00A0 when converting to HTML/XML.
- The order of the output fields was changed, and various small improvements were made to the user interface.
- Revamped and updated the notes
Many thanks to the people who wrote in with suggestions.