I’ve been developing some small utilities in PHP to help me geotag my photos. First up for mention here is a tool for converting latitude and longitude to decimal format and to the tags needed for Flickr. I think it may be of use to other people than just me.
The following input formats are acceptable:
* Any arrangement that includes at least one of the following characters ° ‘ ” or , and lists figures in the order degrees, minutes, seconds (where the last two are optional).
* Decimal formats – useful for just formatting as flickr geotags.
* Use of N,S,E,W (any case and any location) or minus signs.
The following decimal output formats are provided:
* latitude longitude: this is arranged in such a way that you could cut and paste the whole thing as one, eg. into, say, Google Earth’s search field to find a location quickly
* geotags for Flickr: this provides the regular geotag, lat= and lon= tags plus a fourth combination tag in a format that enables to create tags with a single cut and paste